Tuesday 28 April 2015

Wasted Days

Okay, so six weeks ago I decided to try a high-carb vegan diet, lured in by the prospect of limitless calories, and it seemed like a great solution to ensuring I ate enough. Which I never do. A lifetime of eating problems and endless diets has ruined my relationship with food; some days I eat constantly, like an absolute pig, and others I barely remember to eat anything.

The vegan lifestyle was not my magical solution. There is no magical solution.

The biggest problem with my bad eating habits is that I simply don't realise I am not eating enough until I start to get ill and, like this morning, discover I cannot get out of bed because I am exhausted.

Today I woke up at 7.00am, ate two breakfasts as my stomach was gnawing on itself, and then went back to bed and slept until 1.00pm. I had to cancel all of my plans and spend the day feeling like a failure. In an attempt to finally take control of my bad habits I have started a food diary - an activity I have tried to avoid in the past because I don't want my life to revolve around calories! Sadly, I don't have much of a choice right now.

In my teenage years I was addicted to self-destruction and now, in my twenties, I am obsessed with self-improvement. So it seems like I embark on a new therapy/lifestyle technique almost every day in order to take control of my life, be it physical, spiritual or emotional. 

My latest methods include:

Writing down my daily food intake
Journalling
Recording all of my 'happy moments' to look over when I feel down
Using a daily planner
Exercising every day
Having a 'crystal bath' once a week, complete with candles, incense, healing crystals and meditative music

On paper, my life should be calm and collected, in reality, I am barely organised chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment